Our success over 30 years is based on the following principles:
- We act in the best interest of our clients.
- We will energise and strategically focus each client’s security and emergency risk management with improved performance, accountability and resilience.
- We will further enable our client’s operational capabilities with improved situational awareness, systems convergence and contingencies.
- Ethical and respectful behaviour.
- Our clients nourish our expertise, professionalism and our drive to be successfully different.
- We challenge the status quo, conventional wisdom and technical boundaries and know when to seek difference, refresh our knowledge, redefine client opportunities and extend client benefits.
- Passion to provide innovative, credible and sustainable solutions for clients will always be valued by us.
- We will continue to seek insight into current and emerging criminal threats.
- Our commitment to learning sustains our leadership as subject matter experts.
- We will communicate to clients the foreseeable social, human and organisational consequences of our recommendations.
- Honesty in our assessments, recommendations and communications are essential in maintaining trust in us by our clients.
- Our assessments and recommendations will always be evidence-based to the extent of available information.
- We will maintain our independence from the supply side of the security industry, at the same time being mindful and respectful of their contribution to our clients.
- We will deliver more than what we promise.
What Our Clients Say
I have always found the HSM team very motivated to work through complex issues to achieve the best possible results, highly knowledgeable, in areas of security (including Crime Prevention through Environmental Design) and related risks, security (human and technical) systems and strategic management, and always professional. These attributes are not found in other security consultancies that generally focus on electronic methods without the environmental and social impacts fully understood.
Their report included risk and threat assessments, strategies with budget estimates to improve security risk management, including various technologies and procedures, with a focus on integration, value and effectiveness… We considered the report to be most useful and the consultants to be knowledgeable, professional and co-operative. We have no hesitancy in recommending Harris Security Management.
The detailed report was found to be useful and provided perspectives not considered by other companies and agencies in previous security surveys on the same sites.
I engaged and assessed security consultants across Australia and consider Harris Security Management a consistently superior consultancy practice. HSM led by Geoff Harris, has a reputation for high integrity, being outcomes driven, strong lateral thinking, in-depth technical and risk management knowledge and an excellent understanding of organisational complexity.
The professional expertise, documentation, assistance and courtesy provided by the HSM team has been consistently exceptional. Their independence from suppliers and contractors, their innovation and their drive to identify added value for us is appreciated.